Google recently released critical security updates to the Chrome browser. ITSS is in the process of updating all onsite equipment, but we need your assistance to ensure remote NVCC laptops are up to date. To ensure the security of the College’s network and data, please take a few minutes to update your NVCC-issued equipment by following the directions outlined in this email. We recommend that you periodically update your Google Chrome browser to ensure you have the latest security patches. If you have questions or need assistance, please contact the IT Help Desk.
HOW TO UPDATE GOOGLE CHROME
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click the More icon
- Click Help > About Google Chrome
- You will see the following screen and Chrome will automatically initiate a “Checking for updates” action. If it is not up to date, Google Chrome will automatically initiate the download/install.
- When complete, you will be asked to Relaunch the browser to complete the update.
- Chrome will automatically relaunch and it will display – “Google Chrome is up to date”.
IT Help Desk