NOVA Cloud is a file sharing system that allows NVCC Faculty and Staff to share files with outside entities, as well as store files in a secure location. This document provides instructions on how to create, upload, and share files using NOVA Cloud.
Log in to NOVA Cloud
Go to https://cloud.nvcc.edu/login
, and sign in with your NVCC LAN Username and Password
(not your nvcc.edu email address). If you need assistance with your credentials, you can reset your password or speak to an agent at the IT HelpDesk
After logging in successfully, the NOVA Cloud Home page appears.
Navigate Folders and Files
1. To view all of your folders in NOVA Cloud, click on Home in the left pane, and open the home folder.
2. All of your folders appear in the list. To navigate back to the home folder, click Go Up One Folder.
3. To locate a folder or file, enter keywords in the search field, and click Find.
Create a New Folder
Note: You must open the home folder before you can create a folder.
1. Click on Home in the left pane, and open the home folder.
2. Click on New Folder.
3. Enter the folder name, and click Create.
A confirmation message appears at the top of the page, and the new folder appears in the list.
Upload Folders and Files
Use the following steps to upload folders and files from your local computer. Note: We recommend adding separate subfolders for each project.
Tip: When adding folders and files, you may drag and drop one or multiple folders or files from Internet Explorer 10+, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari, as shown in the bottom right corner of the page.
Add Folders for Upload
1. Open the new folder you just created.
2. Click on Add Folder.
3. Select the folder from your local computer, and click Upload. Note: You can only add one folder at a time. To add multiple folders at once, simply drag and drop the folders from your local computer.
4. The folder/file name appear inside the upload area at the bottom of the page. To cancel the upload and remove folders from the list, click on Cancel.
Add Files for Upload
1. To add files for upload, click Add Files.
2. Select one or more files from your local computer, and click Open. Note: You can only add one file at a time. To add multiple files at once, simply drag and drop the files from your local computer.
3. The selected files appear in the upload area at the bottom of the page. To cancel the upload and remove files from the list, click on Cancel.
Upload Folders and Files
1. Important! You must click Start Upload or Start to upload the files. To upload all of the folders and files at once, use Start Upload. To upload one folder or file, click the Start button for that file.
2. When done, the upload confirmation message appears at the top of the page, and the uploaded files appear in the folder. To remove files from the Upload area at the bottom of the page, click Clear (the uploaded files will remain in the folder).
Manage and Share Folders and Files
Zip or UnZip Folders
To Zip or Unzip large files, select the folder or file, and click Zip (or UnZip).
Delete or Rename Folder/File
To delete or rename a folder or file, click anywhere inside the folder/file block (if you click on the link, it opens the folder or file) and click Delete or Rename. To select all files at once, click Check All. Note: Files are automatically deleted after 365 days of inactivity.
Select a file and click the arrow icon to expand and display file options.
To make edits to text file content, click Edit. Note: NOVA Cloud will only allow you to edit text (.txt) files. The Edit button may not appear for other files.
To Preview the file, click Preview.
To save the file to your local computer, click Download.
To obtain a link to share folder contents, click Share.
A dialog window opens.
- Available Until – This link will be active for 72 hours, unless you specify a different duration (maximum is 30 days).
- Share Link Password – Protection is required to share the file.
- Allow Public Downloads – To allow anyone to download the file, check the box.
- Notify me by email when file is downloaded or uploaded – To be notified by email when the file is downloaded or uploaded, check the box.
When done entering information in the dialog window, click Share. The dialog box closes, and a confirmation message appears at the top of the page. You will see the Public Link under the file (shown below). Click the clipboard icon to copy and share the link.
To email the link directly from NOVA Cloud, click Email.
Enter the recipient’s email address. Share Link Password is required. All other fields are optional. The link will be active for 72 hours unless you specify a different duration (maximum is 30 days).
When you are ready to send the link, click Email. The public URL will be sent to the recipient’s email address.
To see the list of files you are currently sharing, click Share in the left pane of the NOVA Cloud page. You can see when you shared the file and when or if it was downloaded. Click the dropdown icon to extend the sharing deadline or to revoke access to the link.