Remote access to the NOVA network is available to NOVA staff who have a valid NVCC Windows domain logon. To access remotely the NOVA network, you must install client software to your home or laptop computer. The software is free to use for all NOVA employees.
Specific directions about how to access the Cisco VPN Client are available online at https://www.nvcc.edu/remoteaccess. Be sure to read the installation instructions before downloading and installing the VPN Client.
Downloading the VPN Client
VPN Client Downloads are available for each campus
1. To install the Cisco VPN client software, click on your home campus above, and login using your NVCC network logon. (i.e., nvcc\jdoe).
2. When prompted to Run or Save the file, select Run.
3. You will get a security warning because the publisher cannot be verified. Click Run to continue.
4. When the file is downloaded, you will be prompted to install the client. Click on the Install button to begin the installation. The software will be installed and configured without user intervention. Once the software is installed, your computer will reboot.
Running the VPN Client
1. Once your computer has rebooted, you can run the VPN Client by clicking on the Start Menu and choosing VPN Client in the Cisco Systems VPN Client sub menu.
2. When the client opens, the connection entries will depend on which campus you chose in the step above. Highlight your connection entry and select the Connect button.
3. You will prompted to logon on. Logon to the network using your NVCC LAN account.
4. Once you have been authenticated by the network, you will must agree to the terms of the Information Technology Ethics Agreement. If you do not agree, you may click Disconnect, but you will not have access to the NOVA network.
5. When you are connected, you will see a lock in the lower right corner of your screen. To disconnect from the VPN, you can right click on the lock and choose disconnect.